No appointment necessary.
Test results in 24 hours or less.
Cash price for this test: $125.
Acceptable for most travel requirements—know your travel requirements prior to testing, KSL Diagnostics does NOT take responsibility for travel testing requirements beyond providing test results in 24 hours or less
Positive results indicate an individual is currently infected with COVID-19
Specimens are collected by oropharyngeal, nasopharyngeal, or anterior nares swab
Payment not required with valid doctor's prescription
- For more information on KSL Diagnostics test pricing and policies, see below or call 1-800-960-1080 to speak with a representative.
- Meets requirement for NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test)
Click or tap here to view technical details of this test.
COVID-19 Travel Testing:
At KSL Diagnostics, we understand COVID-19 travel testing requires urgent and special attention to ensure your test results are valid when traveling across state lines or to another country. To assist you with your travel testing needs:
Receive same day test results by midnight (12 am) for COVID-19 RT-PCR tests collected before 3 pm
- Receive next day results by noon (12 pm) for COVID-19 RT-PCR tests collected after 3 pm
Send your specific travel testing questions to email@example.com — we regularly monitor this account and will respond promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a COVID-19 RT-PCR test?
- A COVID-19 virus test is a RT-PCR test that detects RNA that is unique to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The specimen for this testing is generally collected using a oropharyngeal swab unless a nasopharyngeal swab is requested. COVID-19 virus test results are positive during infection (asymptomatic or symptomatic) and negative for individuals who have not been infected as well as in individuals who have been infected but whose immune system has effectively cleared the virus.
What is RT-PCR?
- RT-PCR stands for Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction, a laboratory method used to detect specific RNA sequences. This is a high sensitivity laboratory method that utilizes polymerase to amplify specific genetic targets. Amplification is monitored and indicative of the presence of the target if amplification is successful. RT-PCR generally produces results within a few hours.
What is SARS-CoV-2?
- SARS-CoV-2 is the abbreviation for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2, the virus that caused coronavirus disease-2019, also known as COVID-19 or novel coronavirus disease.
What can my COVID-19 test results tell me?
- Consult this table for basic interpretation of results. This is a guide. Please consult your healthcare provider assistance with your diagnosis and more detailed information.
How much does the test cost and who pays for it?
KSL Diagnostics is not a government-funded testing facility and the testing is NOT free. The cost for COVID-19 Virus Testing by RT-PCR (CPT Code U0004) or COVID-19 IgG, IgM, IgA Antibody Testing by CLIA (CPT Codes 86769 x3) is $100 per test, plus $25 for specimen collection ($125 total for each test). Testing may be covered by private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and other governmental reimbursers.If you have a prescription, there is no upfront charge. If you do not have a prescription, KSL Diagnostics will provide you with a receipt for your test so that you may submit it to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. If you have specific questions, please call KSL at 1-800-960-1080 to speak with a representative.
Does insurance cover this test?
- Insurance will generally cover testing for patients with suspected COVID-19 exposure and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or patients requiring a test for surgical procedures. Insurance will generally NOT cover for all other COVID-19 testing needs—including travel and elective COVID-19 testing.
Are these tests approved by FDA?
- The COVID-19 tests currently offered by KSL are approved by FDA through Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).