KSL Diagnostics offers fast, accurate COVID-19 testing with flexible billing and reporting options to help you serve your patient's needs.
Important note for healthcare providers:
What are the performance parameters of KSL tests?
The RT-PCR method for detecting COVID-19 virus was tested using 60 COVID-19 clinical positives and 60 COVID-19 clinical negatives, producing 100% clinical sensitivity and 100% clinical specificity in this population.(1) The CLIA IgG antibody assay sensitivity was tested using 88 COVID-19 clinical positives at ≥ 14 days post-symptom onset producing clinical sensitivity of 96.77%. Specificity was tested using 112 potentially cross-reacting specimens from disease control cases producing analytical specificity of 99.11%.(2)
How long will it take to get results?
- Test results are available within 3 business days.
What are some of the features and benefits of KSL COVID-19 testing?
- KSL offers EUA approved high throughput virus and antibody testing, personal service, access to lab directors and pathologists for consultation, fast turn-around time and flexible reporting and billing options
How much does the test cost and who pays for it?
- The cost for COVID-19 Virus Testing by RT-PCR (CPT Code U0004) or COVID-19 IgG, IgM, IgA Antibody Testing by CLIA (CPT Codes 86769 x3) is $100 per test, plus $25 for specimen collection ($125 total for each test). Testing may be covered by private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and other governmental reimbursers. If you have specific questions, please call KSL at 1-800-960-1080 to speak with a representative.
Does insurance cover this test?
- Insurance will generally only cover testing for patients with suspected COVID-19 exposure and symptoms consistent with COVID-19. For all other COVID-19 testing needs—including travel, pre-operative, and elective COVID-19 testing—please contact your insurance company.
What can my COVID-19 test results tell me?
- Consult the table below for basic interpretation of results. This is a guide. Please consult your healthcare provider assistance with your diagnosis and more detailed information.
Are these tests approved by FDA?
- The COVID-19 tests currently offered by KSL are approved by FDA through Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
How can I send in testing?
- KSL offers local specimen draws for patients and specimen collection kits for physicians and health care providers throughout the US. Kits may be ordered by calling 1-800-960-1080 or completing a request on the website.
How are results reported?
- KSL will supply reports as requested by the referrer. Options include reporting by mail, fax, secure email or online portal. To discuss an account setup with web portal access to reporting or direct interface with the KSL laboratory information system (LIS), please call 1-800-960-1080 to talk to a representative.